Sunday, August 05, 2007

Oliveto Cafe

This is an addendum to my review of Oliveto Restaurant (upstairs). I went here for lunch today with a friend I haven't seen in years (those meals are always fun). My experience today was pretty comparable to last time. We shared a small plate - stewy broccoli rabe, artichokes, potatoes, olives, and other veggies. Great for eating with their pillowy bread. We also shared a large pizza with buffalo mozzarella, slices of garlic (yummy), and very light tomato sauce. The crust was incredibly thin, which I believe is characteristic of [Sicilian?] pizza - kind of like Gaspare's but a lot better. It would've been nice to have a little more substance to it (the cheese was very sparse), but I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that they're staying true to tradition instead of catering towards my American tendencies towards gluttony.

Anyway, I really like this place, and it's cheap (relatively)! We had coffee/tea afterwards and our total was $15/person.

No comments: