Monday, August 15, 2011

Singapore Sling

DSC_0526 DSC_0531
Chicken rice and steamed egg at Sin Swee Kee. Hainanese style steamed chicken, tons of flavor in the rice itself.

I pretty much love all things curry, so it's no surprise that I love the Malay influences in Singaporean cuisine. There isn't much available in the bay area, so I was super excited to eat my way around town and finally have the real thing! Time was limited so I wasn't able to try much actual Malay or Peranakan cuisine, but I definitely had some delicious local food!

DSC_0521
Murtabak at Zam Zam, quite possibly one of the most delicious things I tried in Asia

DSC_0522
Roti stuffed with meat and served with curry sauce. How can that ever be a bad thing?

DSC_0492 IMG_9436
Laksa at Maxwell (L) and at a food market around Clarke Quay (R). Did not get a chance to try the OG katong laksa unfortunately

DSC_0515 DSC_0513 DSC_0511
Stingray, satay, and fried oyster pancake (better than the Taiwanese kind I thought) at Chomp Chomp

DSC_0500
Maxwell hawker center

DSC_0503 IMG_9430
Rojak (Maxwell) and popiah (Newton)

DSC_0508
The most delicious black pepper crab from First Grade Seafood Palace

DSC_0516
The damage

DSC_0512 IMG_9435
The ubiquitous sugar cane drink at Chomp Chomp; a kalamansi limeade from Mr. Prata (don't remember what it was called)

DSC_0497

No comments: