Monday, August 22, 2011

My Favorite Things

DIL_misc2
Veggie burrito from La Taq, a Sunday tradition; MCF/San Tung sustenance for impromptu 90s R&B karaoke sesh with a few people I love

Yes, all this and more was consumed in the last few weeks. I must say, I really love SF and the east bay. These are a few of my favorite things.

DIL_misc
Grilled cheese at Outerlands; chilaquiles from Primavera; pork chop at Nopa

DIL_pizza
Little star and Cheeseboard

DIL_burgers
4505 special at the Thursday FB market - that day was fried bologna with bacon and the first time I couldn't finish (I had Teresa act as notary before I even took a bite); In-N-Out

DIL_sweets
Banana cream pie from Nation's is so perfectly imperfect - beats fancy versions any day. Fresh strawberry mochi from Benkyodo, bun sampler from Sandbox, and finally tried the popular Kika's.

DIL_coffee
Post-Intermezzo Strada: cup of nostalgia while doing the Daily Cal crossword. This was the first time I had non-third-wave-coffee in a really long time, and it made me appreciate good coffee that much more. I've been finding myself in SOMA quite often lately, meaning many a visit to Sightglass. Btw, Blue Bottle is going downhill and I had a watery cap with weak foam at Four Barrel yesterday. No one is immune, no one is the best!

2 comments:

margaretmit said...

How are you still 100 pounds?

kathy said...

ha, I weigh more than that!