- For an uber cheesy holiday party: roll-out cookies a la Dorie Greenspan, maybe some peppermint brownies, or spiced almonds since I have so many
- Cookie gifts: roll-out cookies maybe, or some lavender shortbread... not sure yet
- For my grandmother's birthday: A cake that old Chinese people would like... which means... similar to those vanilla sponge cakes with fruit and taro filling. Any suggestions??? It will definitely have to be a layered cake... not too sweet... there's a reason why Chinese bakeries keep selling those, and not just because they're cheap! I can't think of anything =(
- Christmas: my dad requested some kind of mousse... that's not really festive, but oh well. I may try my hand at apple pie again to see if I can do better than last time
Other things I may try soon:
- Making my own chai blend
- Tiffany's butterscotch pudding from the Top Chef holiday special: even Elizabeth Faulkner really liked it!
I really want the cookie cutters on the right... these cookies (photo taken from sur la table) are soo pretty! If only I could decorate like that....
Monday, December 10, 2007