Thursday, May 07, 2009

Kitchenette SF


While I'm at it, I will continue my lunch posts. A few weeks ago I found myself in the Dogpatch to pick up some hydrangeas from the generous Nancy Liu Chin. I rarely venture to that neighborhood despite frequenting other parts of Potrero, so I surprised myself by remembering that Kitchenette was only a few blocks away (probably because I had written this post only a few days before).

I remembered that it was in a garage of some sort, but I really didn't imagine a large warehouse space near shipping/loading areas. It almost felt like some parts of meatpacking in new york... very industrial, but in a more down-to-earth creative/craftsmanship sorta way. I digress. Food was tasty (super super buttery/oily reuben, but yummy). The menu changes daily, but I doubt I will be returning any time soon. They only operate M-F for lunch... and it's super far from Financial, and not a place I would go out of my way for. If I ever have to get more flowers, I will definitely stop by.

No comments: