Sunday, July 29, 2007

Bissap Boabab

2323 Mission St (& 19th St)
(415) 826-9287

Senagalese in the Mission

I've been here quite a few times in the last few years, and I recently visited to find their menu changed. They still have a lot of the same dishes, but it's definitely more condensed and more organized.

On my most recent visit, for food we had the plantains, the "seafood coconut" with tilapia, and the "yapou khar" which was basically lamb in a veggie sauce. The sauce in the seafood coconut dish is really yummy, which is the one thing I've remembered from my past visits here as well. The rest of the food that I've tried is good, solid, and hearty.

This is a cool spot for a chill dinner with drinks (they have a nice selection of hibiscus and ginger cocktails). It's not that big, so a party of 6 is probably as big as I'd go.

No comments: