Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Boozin for Barack


I made some Mexican chocolate cupcakes with dulce de leche cream cheese frosting that I brought to an election party. To make up for the craptastic picture, I will include the recipe and my "yes we can" playlist (which I made during the primaries) after the jump! What a momentous day for American history and American people.

RECIPE: Mexican Chocolate Cupcakes

1 cup APF
3/4 cup cocoa
1 t baking powder
1/4 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 t vanilla
1 stick butter
1.5 oz mexican chocolate
0.5 oz chocolate
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, room temp
1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 t cayenne

YES WE CAN/angryhippiemix
Wake Up - Arcade Fire
Revolution - Elliott Smith (Beatles cover)
Pull Up the People - MIA
The People - Common
One Mic - Nas
You & Whose Army? - Radiohead
Table by the Window - The Botticellis
I Feel Like A Child - Devendra Banhart
Scenic World - Beirut
Fools - The Dodos
Shift - Grizzly Bear
We Shall Overcome - Bruce Springstein
Knock On Wood - Justin King
Solo Su Voz - Juana Molina
Secret of the Easy Yoke - Pedro the Lion
A Change is Gonna Come - Sam Cooke
Love, Love, Love (everyone) - Akron/Family

No comments: