Tuesday, September 16, 2008

9/11, Izzie, and Homemade Pasta

I happened to be in NYC during 9/11, so I spent that morning at Ground Zero to try to catch the ceremony. It was kind of a zoo and I really couldn't hear a thing except for some of the names. That evening I also went uptown to Columbia to watch (on TV, since only 100 student tickets were available, and the rest went to faculty and people more important than food bloggers) the forum for Service Nation where both Obama and McCain would be speaking. Campus was also a madhouse with camera crews every few feet, protestors, and crazies trying to get in. Lucky for me, little Izzie lives right off campus so I got to play with her and even make some homemade pasta for the first time with her mommy!

It was my first time, and I never realized how easy it is! Just 2 eggs per 1 cup of flour. Of course my well broke and my hands were a mess. After that I just watched Sophie and Albert do their thing and crank out that dough.






Tada!

No comments: