Saturday, August 02, 2008

Auntie Em's Kitchen

4614 Eagle Rock Blvd. LA
(323) 255-0800

Cafe/Bakery in LA's Eagle Rock



Located in Eagle Rock, this cafe is supposedly known for their cupcakes, which get Magnolia-like comparisons. Well, let me just say that I don't like Magnolia. It's normal cake with purely sugar icing. Sorry to those fans out there, but it's just way too sweet for me! At Auntie Em's, I tried their coconut and red velvet minis, and they were... normal cupcakes. Nothing special. Sorry! Red velvet should be a cross between vanilla and chocolate, and theirs tasted like yellow cake, except colored super bright red.

Cupcakes aside, I really enjoyed my lunch here. A fresh heirloom tomato-mozzarella-pesto sandwich on olive bread with a mango-avocado-tomato salad was the perfect first Californian meal I've had in a long time!

No comments: