Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thanksgiving at Work, or "PBBH"


We had our second annual Thanksgiving potluck competition at work today, and my team decided to have a honey theme. I decided to do dessert, and the first thing I thought of was a peanut butter banana and honey sandwich. There was a stretch of time (maybe about a month) where I ate those just about every day for breakfast with a glass of milk. YUMMMMMYY!!!

So I thought I'd do a play on that: almond torte with caramelized bananas topped with honey mousse and honeycomb candy.

I didn't win haha (darn you, rice pudding!). But whatever, I know Thanksgiving is less classy and more rustic, but I just wanted to try it anyway. Now for the real meal....

For the very first time in history, the KIDS (as in, people under 50) are making dinner this year! and none of us have ever roasted a turkey... good times ahead. =) I love the holidays!

No comments: